About the Role:
Our company is growing, and we believe that our team is the key to our success! We are looking for a Registered Nurse Supervisor to join our Adult Day Health team to oversee all our clinical staff and to provide leadership, coaching, training and support.
We require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. You may be exempt from this requirement if you qualify for a limited exemption because of a medical condition or a sincerely held religious belief. We will do our best to work with each and every individual to discuss their needs, exemptions, and necessary accommodations.
Benefits and Perks:
- Health Insurance with a 75% employer contribution
- Dental and Vision Benefits
- Supplemental Benefits including; Life, Accident, Critical Illness and Disability Insurance
- 401K with a company match
- Generous Paid-Time-Off
- Competitive pay rate
- Wellness & Self Care Benefit
- Supportive team structure and company culture with a focus on work/life balance
- Upward career movement and growth
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee day-to-day management of registered nurses, CNAs, and Program/Activity Aide staff
- Provide training, counseling, coaching, performance management, and support to clinical staff
- Provide nursing assessment for each participant upon admission, change in status and discharge.
- Coordinate participant’s care with all relevant parties (family, guardian, physicians, nursing facilities, and residential providers) and maintain appropriate documentation of such care.
- Supervise medication management services, nursing services, and medical treatment required for a
participant’s inclusion in the program.
- Maintain database of medical documentation appropriate to a participant’s inclusion in the program.
- Write and update nursing notes at least one time per month or more often as necessary to address
significant changes and health care teaching in each participant's health record.
- Respond appropriately to any acute changes in a participant's health or daily activities.
- Provide appropriate health care education for each participant and legally authorized representative.
- Obtain reports and approval of treatment plans from primary care physicians; coordinate participant's
care with the primary care provider and, if applicable, community service providers.
- Review the nursing and medical services, developmental skills training program and needs of each
member monthly and participate in the quarterly review process for each participant.
- Ensure ongoing education, training, and professional development of all program staff that is relevant to
care of participant
- Observe and monitor each participant’s participation within the program and documents pertinent
information in the progress notes including reasons for being absent from the program and follow up.
- Monitor participant's individual dietary and supplemental feeding plan as prescribed by that participant’s
- Assist in the recruitment and orientation of new participants and new staff members.
- Supervise the maintenance of a healthy and safe environment for participants by implementing program
policies regarding the environment, safety and security of participants.
- Must conduct oneself ethically and in accordance with all applicable regulations, laws, and medical ethics
- RN Massachusetts license required
- Experience supervising and training clinical staff required
- Previous experience in an Adult Day Health setting or comparable work experience
- 1-2 years of direct service experience working with the elderly, chronically disabled, individuals with memory loss and/or Dementia
- Excellent knowledge of clinical standards and regulations
- Fluency in both English and Cape Verdean Creole or secondary language is preferred
- Strong time management and problem solving skills with the ability to prioritize
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, with close attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask
- Able to work independently and in a team environment
Vitra Health is a Home Health Care and Adult Day Health organization that specializes in care management of adults and seniors. We are a rapidly growing company which was started to improve access to quality home health care services. We rate ourselves solely by the quality of care we provide our clients. We realize that our clients are someone’s parent, grandparent, child, friend, or neighbor – we pride ourselves on never taking this fact for granted.